Stevenage smash victim identified
A victim of a road collision who is in a critical condition in hospital has been identified.
The man was crossing Grace Way in Stevenage just before 10pm on Tuesday when he was struck by a blue Lexus. With no personal documents in his clothing and unable to tell officers, Herts Police called on the public to help name him.
He was identified by officers this morning as a Stevenage man. His family are aware of his condition.
He remains in Addenbrooke’s Hospital, after being transferred from Lister.
A 38-year-old Stevenage man was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. He has been bailed until March 24.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for anyone with information about the collision to call the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 10 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award