Stevenage road still shut as woman taken to hospital after two-car crash left her trapped
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman has been taken to hospital after a two-car crash in Stevenage left her trapped – with the road still closed at present.
Emergency services were called at about 1.40pm after a silver Ford Fiesta and a black Vauxhall Corsa collided in Clovelly Way.
An elderly woman was trapped inside one of the cars, with firefighters called to help free her.
She has subsequently been taken to hospital, but as yet it is not clear what injuries the woman sustained.
The road was shut by police 1.50pm with a spokeswoman suggesting it would remain so for sometime, asking motorists to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
Clovelly Way remains closed at this time, with the cars still to be removed from the scene.
Update: The road reopened just after 4.45pm.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?