Stevenage road reopens after two crashes on it within an hour
- Credit: Archant
A road has now reopened after two crashes occurred on it within an hour this morning (Wednesday).
Police confirmed that Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage reopened at 10.25am after the two incidents caused its closure.
The first crash occurred at 8.25am when a yellow Yamaha motorcycle collided with silver Peugeot 307.
The incident left the male motorcyclist requiring hospital treatment.
He was taken to Lister Hospital, Stevenage with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Less than an hour later, at 9.02am, there was a four car collision outside the John Lewis depot on the same road.
The cars involved were a white Toyota Auris, a grey Mercedes E350, a red Seat Leon and a white Nissan 350Z.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
No one was injured in the second collision.
Police said that the road was closed while fluid was removed from its surface.