Stevenage PCSOs commended after school car flip crash
- Credit: Archant
Three Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) have been commended for their assistance after a car overturned and collided with a tree.
PCSOs Ashley Morgan, Frazer Lucas and Paul Jones were presented with certificates by the ambulance service last week for helping paramedics during a crash in Mobbsbury Way, Stevenage.
The car involved in the collision on September 1 flipped onto its roof before coming to a halt in the grounds of The Nobel School, with four teenagers requiring hospital treatment.
East of England Ambulance Service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the incident and made the presentation at Stevenage Police Station, said: “Three of the teenage occupants needed immobilising on a spinal board as the car was wrapped around the tree and was extensively damaged. Whilst our response car paramedic assessed the patients, Ashley, Frazer and Paul immediately offered their assistance and began to help out with the patient care. Throughout the incident, all three PCSOs worked remarkably well alongside the four ambulance crews and knew exactly what to do.
“It was an absolute pleasure to meet up with the gents and personally thank them for their help on the night. They thoroughly deserve their commendations and they are a credit to Hertfordshire Constabulary.”
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Lucas said: “It was nice to receive recognition from both the ambulance service and the constabulary, however Paul, Ash and myself feel that we were just doing our job. Though it was a challenging situation due to the number of casualties and the ever growing intoxicated crowd, we only assisted the ambulance service who carried out effective and efficient work as always.”
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 5 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 7 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 8 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 9 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
- 10 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs