Stevenage man hospitalised with carbon monoxide poisoning after gas leak
- Credit: Archant
AN ELDERLY man was taken to hospital after a gas leak left him suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Emergency services were called to a property in Holly Leys, Stevenage, at about midday on Good Friday after an 82-year-old man said he was feeling unwell.
The man was helped to safety by a paramedic before being taken to Lister Hospital in the town for treatment.
Firefighters entered the house, where a spokesman said there was a “strong smell of natural gas”, wearing breathing apparatus to ventilate the property.
A gas board was also called to identify the cause of the leak.