Stevenage man arrested after collision which left elderly couple hospitalised
- Credit: Archant
An elderly couple had to be taken to hospital after their car collided with another vehicle, the driver of which was later arrested on suspicion of driving while unfit through drugs.
Police were called at 9.06am yesterday to reports of a collision in Vardon Road, at the junction with Verity Way, involving a black VW Golf and a blue Honda Jazz.
The road was blocked by the collision and police closed it to traffic.
Two ambulance crews attended the scene.
The elderly couple – the driver and passenger of the Honda Jazz, were taken to the Lister hospital.
A 21-year-old man from Stevenage was arrested under Section 5a of the Road Traffic Act 1988 on suspicion of being in charge of a vehicle whilst unfit through drugs.
His arrest followed a road side drugs test.
- 1 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Stevenage-built spacecraft in risky Earth flyby
He was released on police bail until August 28.