Stevenage man arrested after collision which left elderly couple hospitalised
- Credit: Archant
An elderly couple had to be taken to hospital after their car collided with another vehicle, the driver of which was later arrested on suspicion of driving while unfit through drugs.
Police were called at 9.06am yesterday to reports of a collision in Vardon Road, at the junction with Verity Way, involving a black VW Golf and a blue Honda Jazz.
The road was blocked by the collision and police closed it to traffic.
Two ambulance crews attended the scene.
The elderly couple – the driver and passenger of the Honda Jazz, were taken to the Lister hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old man from Stevenage was arrested under Section 5a of the Road Traffic Act 1988 on suspicion of being in charge of a vehicle whilst unfit through drugs.
His arrest followed a road side drugs test.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
He was released on police bail until August 28.