Female motorcyclist in critical condition after Stevenage crash
- Credit: Picture supplied by Graham Southey but did not want a credit so just put Archant
A motorcyclist involved in a serious crash in Stevenage yesterday afternoon remains in hospital in a critical condition.
Police have confirmed the silver Honda motorcyclist – a woman in her 30s – was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a collision in Lonsdale Road at the junction with Webb Rise.
A silver Vauxhall Insignia was also involved in the incident, which occured at about 4.50pm and saw an air ambulance land on a grassy patch on the corner of Webb Rise.
Lonsdale Road was shut at the junction with Webb Rise in one direction and up to Vardon Road in the other until 10pm last night while a collision investigation was carried out.
Sergeant James Wood – from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit – said: “We are working to establish the circumstances that led to this collision and I would like to hear from anyone who saw the collision, or the events leading up to it.
You may also want to watch:
“Similarly, I would like anyone who might have captured what happened on dash cam to get in touch.
“If you can help, please contact me on email@example.com, or the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 519 of September 5.”
You can also report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through the anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 10 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers