Female motorcyclist in critical condition after Stevenage crash
- Credit: Picture supplied by Graham Southey but did not want a credit so just put Archant
A motorcyclist involved in a serious crash in Stevenage yesterday afternoon remains in hospital in a critical condition.
Police have confirmed the silver Honda motorcyclist – a woman in her 30s – was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a collision in Lonsdale Road at the junction with Webb Rise.
A silver Vauxhall Insignia was also involved in the incident, which occured at about 4.50pm and saw an air ambulance land on a grassy patch on the corner of Webb Rise.
Lonsdale Road was shut at the junction with Webb Rise in one direction and up to Vardon Road in the other until 10pm last night while a collision investigation was carried out.
Sergeant James Wood – from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit – said: “We are working to establish the circumstances that led to this collision and I would like to hear from anyone who saw the collision, or the events leading up to it.
“Similarly, I would like anyone who might have captured what happened on dash cam to get in touch.
“If you can help, please contact me on email@example.com, or the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 519 of September 5.”
You can also report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through the anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist
- 10 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well