Traffic delays after Stevenage crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists were warned of long delays after a car crash in Stevenage yesterday.
Traffic built up on the southbound carriageway of Gunnels Wood Road – the A1072 – up to the junction for the A602 after an accident.
A white Ford Transit van crashed into the central barrier at about 3.40pm, and one lane on either side was temporarily closed.
The East of England Ambulance Service attended the scene but the driver was unhurt.
Herts Highways says it caused delays of more than 45 minutes, with congestion shifting to surrounding roads as well.
The road was reopened at about 6.20pm.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service