Traffic delays after Stevenage crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists were warned of long delays after a car crash in Stevenage yesterday.
Traffic built up on the southbound carriageway of Gunnels Wood Road – the A1072 – up to the junction for the A602 after an accident.
A white Ford Transit van crashed into the central barrier at about 3.40pm, and one lane on either side was temporarily closed.
The East of England Ambulance Service attended the scene but the driver was unhurt.
Herts Highways says it caused delays of more than 45 minutes, with congestion shifting to surrounding roads as well.
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened at about 6.20pm.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 9 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?