B197 High Street reopens near North Road after crash in Stevenage
- Credit: Google Maps
The B197 High Street road in Stevenage was closed this morning due to a crash near the junction with North Road.
The collision, between a Vauxhall Astra and a Citroen C3, resulted in police, the fire service and an ambulance being called to the scene.
One individual sustained slight injuries and was treated by ambulance staff, while Highway Maintenance dealt with an oil spill resulting from the incident.
A spokesperson for Hertfordshire Constabulary said: "Police were called at around on Tuesday March 1 following a road traffic collision in Graveley Road, Stevenage.
"The collision occurred at the junction with North Road and involved two vehicles – a Citroen C3 and a Vauxhall Astra.
"Officers attended, alongside colleagues from the fire and ambulances services and road closures were put in place. One person sustained slight injuries and was left in the care of ambulance staff.
"The vehicles were recovered and Highways were called to deal with an oil spill on the carriageway. The road was open by 9.55am."
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 4 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 5 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 6 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 10 Stevenage fun day in aid of TRACKS Autism
Hertfordshire County Council earlier advised travellers to avoid the area, through their Twitter page @Herts_Highways.
The statement from Hertfordshire County Council read: "ROAD CLOSED: #Stevenage B197 High St, road currently CLOSED near the junction of North Road due to an RTC. #AvoidTheArea"
There are also delays near Redbourn, where a 24-hour closure is being imposed on the A5183 every day between March 1 and March 20, in order for the council to carry out "major development and highway improvement works".
The works are being completed between the junction with Hogg End Lane and the Batchwood Drive roundabout in St Albans.
The road will also be closed between 8pm and 5am on April 11 and April 12, this is to facilitate the installation of an anti-skid surface.
The delays occurring today are said to effect the Childwickbury and Redbourn areas.
For the most up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Hertfordshire traffic map.
Join our Hertfordshire Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Hertfordshire.
Do you have a live or breaking news story from across Hertfordshire? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org