Stevenage B1037 crash: Man taken to hospital in serious condition
- Credit: Archant
A young man was taken to hospital in a serious condition after a crash on the main road between Stevenage and Walkern last night.
The two-car crash, on the B1037 Stevenage Road, happened at about 7.55pm – with police, firefighters and ambulance crews rushing to the scene.
Two fire crews from Stevenage attended and used a hosereel and cutting equipment to help one person, who was trapped in one of the cars.
A man described by paramedics as in his 20s was treated for knee and chest injuries at the scene, before being taken to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital in a serious condition.
The vehicles involved in the crash were a grey Range Rover Evoque and a silver Ford Fiesta.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed from the junction with Gresley Way, on the eastern edge of Stevenage, to Walkern to allow emergency crews to deal with the incident.
Both vehicles were recovered by 10pm, and the road reopened.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 7 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 10 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers