Todds Green road closure due to gas works
- Credit: Archant
The road closure in Todds Green – which has caused gridlocked in Stevenage and around the edge of Hitchin – is because of gas works.
Major roads through Stevenage have been affected by heavy traffic, but Herts County Council has confirmed the road is due to reopen tomorrow.
A spokesman from the council told the Comet: “The road closure in Todds Green is because of gas works being carried out by Cadent Gas Limited.
“The road is scheduled to reopen tomorrow and, while the works could be extended, it appears very unlikely that they will be.”
The closed route, on the outskirts of Stevenage, is a popular back route out of the town and towards Hitchin – avoiding the A602.
During last night’s rush hour, large stretches of the A602, Gunnels Wood Road, Martins Way and North Road became gridlocked due to the closure.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist