Todds Green road closure due to gas works
- Credit: Archant
The road closure in Todds Green – which has caused gridlocked in Stevenage and around the edge of Hitchin – is because of gas works.
Major roads through Stevenage have been affected by heavy traffic, but Herts County Council has confirmed the road is due to reopen tomorrow.
A spokesman from the council told the Comet: “The road closure in Todds Green is because of gas works being carried out by Cadent Gas Limited.
“The road is scheduled to reopen tomorrow and, while the works could be extended, it appears very unlikely that they will be.”
The closed route, on the outskirts of Stevenage, is a popular back route out of the town and towards Hitchin – avoiding the A602.
You may also want to watch:
During last night’s rush hour, large stretches of the A602, Gunnels Wood Road, Martins Way and North Road became gridlocked due to the closure.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool