Two in hospital after lorry plunges off A1(M) near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A lane is closed on the A1(M) near Stevenage this morning after a crash that saw a lorry end up in the trees off the carriageway.
The crash happened on the southbound carriageway between Junction 8 and Junction 7, both for Stevenage.
A police spokeswoman told the Comet: “Police were called at 5.42am this morning to reports of a collision on the A1M southbound between Junctions 7 and 8.
“A lorry had left the carriageway and collided with a hedge.
“The ambulance service and fire and rescue service were called. One lane has been closed.
You may also want to watch:
“Recovery is being arranged for the lorry and there will be a closure at Junction 8 southbound at 9pm this evening.
“Two people went to hospital with minor injuries.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
An ambulance service spokesman confirmed that three ambulances, two hazardous area response team vehicles, a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance officer were called to the scene.
Baldock & Letchworth firefighters were also on the scene amid fears people might be trapped, but this was not the case.