Two in hospital after lorry plunges off A1(M) near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A lane is closed on the A1(M) near Stevenage this morning after a crash that saw a lorry end up in the trees off the carriageway.
The crash happened on the southbound carriageway between Junction 8 and Junction 7, both for Stevenage.
A police spokeswoman told the Comet: “Police were called at 5.42am this morning to reports of a collision on the A1M southbound between Junctions 7 and 8.
“A lorry had left the carriageway and collided with a hedge.
“The ambulance service and fire and rescue service were called. One lane has been closed.
“Recovery is being arranged for the lorry and there will be a closure at Junction 8 southbound at 9pm this evening.
“Two people went to hospital with minor injuries.”
- 1 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 2 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 4 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 7 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 8 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 9 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 10 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
An ambulance service spokesman confirmed that three ambulances, two hazardous area response team vehicles, a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance officer were called to the scene.
Baldock & Letchworth firefighters were also on the scene amid fears people might be trapped, but this was not the case.