Six injured following four car pile-up in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
SIX people were taken to hospital following a four car collision last night (Wednesday).
Emergency services were rushed to the scene at Monkswood Way, Stevenage, just after 8pm.
Three ambulances and two response cars treated the six casualties – an adult and a child – before conveying them to hospital.
EEAST spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Paramedics worked extremely hard to treat, stabilise and immobilise the casualties at the scene and following this, all six patients required further assessments at Lister Hospital.”
Fire crews also had to free one person from their vehicle and police shut the road at the junction with Broadhall Way. It was reopened around 10.40pm.
All casualties suffered minor injuries.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening