Six injured following four car pile-up in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
SIX people were taken to hospital following a four car collision last night (Wednesday).
Emergency services were rushed to the scene at Monkswood Way, Stevenage, just after 8pm.
Three ambulances and two response cars treated the six casualties – an adult and a child – before conveying them to hospital.
EEAST spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Paramedics worked extremely hard to treat, stabilise and immobilise the casualties at the scene and following this, all six patients required further assessments at Lister Hospital.”
Fire crews also had to free one person from their vehicle and police shut the road at the junction with Broadhall Way. It was reopened around 10.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
All casualties suffered minor injuries.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?