Several injured following six vehicle smash involving combine harvesters
- Credit: Archant
A SIX vehicle smash involving two combine harvesters and two motorcycles left several people injured yesterday afternoon (Sunday).
Police believe two motorcycles each carrying a driver and a passenger collided first, before one of the harvesters was in collision with one of the passengers, a woman, who had fallen into the road.
The woman was flown to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with a broken wrist, broken arm and broken thigh, among other injuries, which are not believed life-threatening. Her condition is described as stable.
One person was left with cuts and bruises, another with minor injuries, and a further person was taken to hospital.
Emergency services attended the incident and were at the scene for several hours.
You may also want to watch:
It is unclear which other vehicles were involved.
The incident happened in Langford Road, Henlow, at about 1pm.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema