Seven cars involved in double A1(M) smash
TWO crashes involving seven cars caused traffic delays on the A1(M) last night (Thursday).
Police were first called to the northbound stretch of the A1(M) just before the junction 9 sliproad for Letchworth Gate at around 5.15pm to a collision concerning three vehicles.
A silver Ford Focus, a blue MG and a black Toyota Yaris were involved and a central reservation barrier was damaged, although no-one was injured.
Traffic was heavy, particularly on the inside lane for the Letchworth Gate junction, where another accident occurred at 6pm involving a further four cars.
A green Vauxhall Corsa, a black Toyota Yaris, a blue Jaguar S-Type and a grey Alfa Romeo Estate collided, and one person received slight injuries in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
All the cars were quickly moved on to the hard shoulder but police did not leave the scene until 8pm.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed