Police appeal after serious injuries in three car crash on A602
- Credit: BCH road policing
Police are appealing for witnesses, including a taxi driver who stopped at the scene, after a serious crash between three cars at Hooks Cross.
Police were called at 7.48am today (July 7) to the crash outside the Three Horseshoes pub.
The cars involved were a blue Fiat Punto, a red Mercedes CLA and a red Ford Focus.
The driver of the Punto was freed from his car having been trapped.
He has suffered serious injuries and has been taken by air ambulance to Addenbrookes Hospital.
The man driving the Mercedes suffered minor injuries and was taken to the Lister Hospital.
Sgt Will Hood from the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit said: “I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision or who has any information about what happened to please contact us.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
“I am particularly keen to trace the driver of a taxi who stopped at the scene following the collision but had left before we arrived. If this was you, please do call us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 219 of 7th July.
Fire, ambulance and the air ambulance were also called to the scene and the road has been closed in both directions.
The road is expected to remain closed for a number of hours.