Police appeal after serious injuries in three car crash on A602
- Credit: BCH road policing
Police are appealing for witnesses, including a taxi driver who stopped at the scene, after a serious crash between three cars at Hooks Cross.
Police were called at 7.48am today (July 7) to the crash outside the Three Horseshoes pub.
The cars involved were a blue Fiat Punto, a red Mercedes CLA and a red Ford Focus.
The driver of the Punto was freed from his car having been trapped.
He has suffered serious injuries and has been taken by air ambulance to Addenbrookes Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The man driving the Mercedes suffered minor injuries and was taken to the Lister Hospital.
Sgt Will Hood from the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit said: “I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision or who has any information about what happened to please contact us.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 5 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 7 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 8 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 9 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
- 10 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
“I am particularly keen to trace the driver of a taxi who stopped at the scene following the collision but had left before we arrived. If this was you, please do call us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 219 of 7th July.
Fire, ambulance and the air ambulance were also called to the scene and the road has been closed in both directions.
The road is expected to remain closed for a number of hours.