Serious collision on A1(M) between Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance has been called to a serious crash on the A1(M) between Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City.
The A1(M) is closed northbound between Junction 4 for Hatfield and Junction 6 for Welwyn Garden City.
Traffic officers from Highways England are at the scene to deal with a serious traffic collision, which took place this morning shortly before 8am.
Police were called at 7.49am to the four-vehicle crash, which took place just before Junction 6.
Fire services from Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage were called to the scene at 7.59am. Herts Police are also on the scene.
One trapped casualty was removed from a vehicle using Lukas cutting equipment and delivered into the care of the ambulance service.
An ambulance officer, two ambulances and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to the crash.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 8 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company
The southbound carriageway was temporarily closed to allow the air ambulance to land.
Vehicles are being diverted and told to follow the solid diamond symbol.
Traffic is now being released past the collision via the hard shoulder.