Serious collision on A1(M) between Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance has been called to a serious crash on the A1(M) between Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City.
The A1(M) is closed northbound between Junction 4 for Hatfield and Junction 6 for Welwyn Garden City.
Traffic officers from Highways England are at the scene to deal with a serious traffic collision, which took place this morning shortly before 8am.
Police were called at 7.49am to the four-vehicle crash, which took place just before Junction 6.
Fire services from Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage were called to the scene at 7.59am. Herts Police are also on the scene.
You may also want to watch:
One trapped casualty was removed from a vehicle using Lukas cutting equipment and delivered into the care of the ambulance service.
An ambulance officer, two ambulances and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to the crash.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
The southbound carriageway was temporarily closed to allow the air ambulance to land.
Vehicles are being diverted and told to follow the solid diamond symbol.
Traffic is now being released past the collision via the hard shoulder.