Security alert at Luton Airport delays flight
A flight has been delayed at Luton Airport following a security alert.
Bedfordshire Police were alerted by Luton Airport at 7.26am today after a suspect package was discovered in the baggage area.
Fire and police have investigated the package and a man has been arrested for taking an illegal substance on board a plane and is currently in custody.
A Monarch flight has been delayed as the suspect package may have come into contact with baggage due to be loaded onto the flight.
“At this stage we do not know what the illegal substance is but it is not thought to be a terrorist threat,” said a police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Luton Airport is operating as normal despite the alert.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?