Security alert at Luton Airport delays flight
A flight has been delayed at Luton Airport following a security alert.
Bedfordshire Police were alerted by Luton Airport at 7.26am today after a suspect package was discovered in the baggage area.
Fire and police have investigated the package and a man has been arrested for taking an illegal substance on board a plane and is currently in custody.
A Monarch flight has been delayed as the suspect package may have come into contact with baggage due to be loaded onto the flight.
“At this stage we do not know what the illegal substance is but it is not thought to be a terrorist threat,” said a police spokesman.
Luton Airport is operating as normal despite the alert.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 6 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 9 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 10 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage