Roadworks to begin on major Stevenage road
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks are set to begin on a major Comet country road tonight (Monday).
Resurfacing works are set to commence on Martins Way, in Stevenage, for ten nights, weather permitting.
Road closures are expected at the roundabout junctions with Hitchin Road, Verity Way and Vardon Road.
A notification issued by Herts County Council reads: “These works form part of Hertfordshire County Councils on-going commitment to maintain and improve the road network in Hertfordshire. We will be replacing sections of the existing worn out road, replacing damaged iron covers and re-applying the road markings.”
The works are scheduled to take place between 8pm and 5am each night - provided no “unforeseen circumstances” arise.
You may also want to watch:
“If we encounter unforeseen circumstances on site, it is possible we may work outside these hours. We will aim to complete the noisiest operations such as removing the old road and jack hammering by midnight to reduce the disturbance to nearby residential properties. Other works will still continue after this.”
For more information visit www.hertsdirect.org
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?