Roadworks in Letchworth set to cause delays for more than a month
- Credit: Archant
Scheduled roadworks in Letchworth are likely to cause delays for more than a month, starting from today.
Baldock Lane will be closed as Herts County Council’s teams carry out refurbishment works on the bridge decks and carriageway.
The road closure will last until Tuesday, April 17, with emergency access in place.
Work will also begin on the A1(M) northbound from 9pm tonight until 6am tomorrow, which will mean a full closure between junctions 7 and 8. This is so repairs can be done on the central reserve cable.
Bridge survey works on the A1(M) will be carried out at the Baldock services junction and will last four nights and days.
Night works will start today and end on Thursday with working hours of 8pm until 5pm. Day works will be completed next Monday and next Thursday from 9am to 4pm.
This will see single lane closures on the northbound and southbound carriageway.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
- 10 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map
For urgent enquiries regarding these works, call the county council on 0300 1234047.