Roadworks in Letchworth set to cause delays for more than a month
- Credit: Archant
Scheduled roadworks in Letchworth are likely to cause delays for more than a month, starting from today.
Baldock Lane will be closed as Herts County Council’s teams carry out refurbishment works on the bridge decks and carriageway.
The road closure will last until Tuesday, April 17, with emergency access in place.
Work will also begin on the A1(M) northbound from 9pm tonight until 6am tomorrow, which will mean a full closure between junctions 7 and 8. This is so repairs can be done on the central reserve cable.
Bridge survey works on the A1(M) will be carried out at the Baldock services junction and will last four nights and days.
You may also want to watch:
Night works will start today and end on Thursday with working hours of 8pm until 5pm. Day works will be completed next Monday and next Thursday from 9am to 4pm.
This will see single lane closures on the northbound and southbound carriageway.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 5 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 6 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 7 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 10 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
For urgent enquiries regarding these works, call the county council on 0300 1234047.