Road shut and young girl taken to hospital after car catches alight and ends up on Letchworth Golf Club course
- Credit: Archant
A young girl was taken to hospital after a car went through bushes and caught alight yesterday, ending up on the Letchworth Golf Club course.
Police, fire, ambulance crews and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were all called at about 4.35pm after a Renault Scenic crashed in Willian Road, Willian.
The car left the road and went through bushes, with the police reporting that the vehicle came to a halt at Letchworth Golf Club off Letchworth Lane.
Firefighters from Baldock & Letchworth and Hitchin stations were called out after the Renault caught alight, and put out the blaze using foam. Trees were also said to have caught fire.
A woman and a young girl were inside the car and were both assessed at the scene by paramedics.
The woman was uninjured but the girl was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge by land ambulance after complaining of chest pains.
An ambulance spokesman said her injuries were thought to be minor.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
Willian Road was closed at the junction with Letchworth Lane, but had reopened by about 8pm.