Road shut and young girl taken to hospital after car catches alight and ends up on Letchworth Golf Club course
- Credit: Archant
A young girl was taken to hospital after a car went through bushes and caught alight yesterday, ending up on the Letchworth Golf Club course.
Police, fire, ambulance crews and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were all called at about 4.35pm after a Renault Scenic crashed in Willian Road, Willian.
The car left the road and went through bushes, with the police reporting that the vehicle came to a halt at Letchworth Golf Club off Letchworth Lane.
Firefighters from Baldock & Letchworth and Hitchin stations were called out after the Renault caught alight, and put out the blaze using foam. Trees were also said to have caught fire.
A woman and a young girl were inside the car and were both assessed at the scene by paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was uninjured but the girl was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge by land ambulance after complaining of chest pains.
An ambulance spokesman said her injuries were thought to be minor.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
Willian Road was closed at the junction with Letchworth Lane, but had reopened by about 8pm.