Road shut after woman trapped in car is rescued following crash near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A woman has had to be rescued from a car and taken to hospital this afternoon following a crash.
Emergency services were called to Arlesey Road, Ickleford, after a beige Toyota Yaris collided with a silver Suzuki Grand Vitara, which was stationary.
Firefighters from Hitchin, Letchworth and Baldock were called just before 2pm to remove the lady from the car.
Police officers were also called to the scene to close the road at the junction of Laurel Way.
The woman in her 60s has been taken to hospital to be treated for chest injuries, which are not life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
The road remains closed and will open once the cars have been removed.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?