Road shut after woman trapped in car is rescued following crash near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A woman has had to be rescued from a car and taken to hospital this afternoon following a crash.
Emergency services were called to Arlesey Road, Ickleford, after a beige Toyota Yaris collided with a silver Suzuki Grand Vitara, which was stationary.
Firefighters from Hitchin, Letchworth and Baldock were called just before 2pm to remove the lady from the car.
Police officers were also called to the scene to close the road at the junction of Laurel Way.
The woman in her 60s has been taken to hospital to be treated for chest injuries, which are not life threatening.
The road remains closed and will open once the cars have been removed.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 6 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 9 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 10 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage