Road near Hitchin partially blocked after crash, with separate A602 delays
- Credit: Archant
A country road near Hitchin is partially blocked this morning after a car came off the carriageway while going around a bend amid the heavy fog.
No injuries have been reported after the single-car crash in Hexton Road, near Offley, at about 8.20am this morning.
Separately, according to Herts County Council’s Highways department, there are delays of up to 20 minutes on the A602 Park Way in Hitchin.
There are also two lanes closed on the A1(M) northbound after a three-car crash near Welwyn, and traffic on the southbound stretch is solid all the way back from Stevenage to Letchworth Gate.
Police were called to the crash on the northbound carriageway near Junction 6 for Welwyn at about 8am, with ambulance crews also attending.
Two lanes are blocked, with vehicles awaiting recovery. The county council Highways team predicts delays of up to 54 minutes.
Police were unable to confirm details of any injuries from the A1(M) crash. An ambulance service spokesman said paramedics were stood down as they were not needed at the scene.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport