Road near Hitchin partially blocked after crash, with separate A602 delays
- Credit: Archant
A country road near Hitchin is partially blocked this morning after a car came off the carriageway while going around a bend amid the heavy fog.
No injuries have been reported after the single-car crash in Hexton Road, near Offley, at about 8.20am this morning.
Separately, according to Herts County Council’s Highways department, there are delays of up to 20 minutes on the A602 Park Way in Hitchin.
There are also two lanes closed on the A1(M) northbound after a three-car crash near Welwyn, and traffic on the southbound stretch is solid all the way back from Stevenage to Letchworth Gate.
Police were called to the crash on the northbound carriageway near Junction 6 for Welwyn at about 8am, with ambulance crews also attending.
You may also want to watch:
Two lanes are blocked, with vehicles awaiting recovery. The county council Highways team predicts delays of up to 54 minutes.
Police were unable to confirm details of any injuries from the A1(M) crash. An ambulance service spokesman said paramedics were stood down as they were not needed at the scene.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Police alerted to injured man in Stevenage town centre