Road closures in Letchworth later this month
ROADWORKS to improve pedestrian facilities and speed management measures will see a busy Letchworth GC junction closed later this month.
The work by Hertfordshire Highways around the St Paul’s roundabout - which joins Pixmore Way with Letchworth Gate - will mean the road will temporarily be closed on Sunday, November 21, and Sunday, November 28.
All other works for the project, which is due to start on November 15, will be undertaken off peak from Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
The improvements are expected to last four weeks, subject to weather or any unforeseen site conditions.
Stuart Pile, executive member for highways and transport, said: “While we will make every effort to minimise any disruption, some road closures will be needed for the safety of our workers and all road users.
“Please allow extra time for any journeys you may make while the work is in progress.”
*Full details about forthcoming works can now be viewed on the county council’s roadwork webpage by visiting www.hertsdirect.org/roadworks
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist