Road closures in Letchworth later this month
ROADWORKS to improve pedestrian facilities and speed management measures will see a busy Letchworth GC junction closed later this month.
The work by Hertfordshire Highways around the St Paul’s roundabout - which joins Pixmore Way with Letchworth Gate - will mean the road will temporarily be closed on Sunday, November 21, and Sunday, November 28.
All other works for the project, which is due to start on November 15, will be undertaken off peak from Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
The improvements are expected to last four weeks, subject to weather or any unforeseen site conditions.
Stuart Pile, executive member for highways and transport, said: “While we will make every effort to minimise any disruption, some road closures will be needed for the safety of our workers and all road users.
You may also want to watch:
“Please allow extra time for any journeys you may make while the work is in progress.”
*Full details about forthcoming works can now be viewed on the county council’s roadwork webpage by visiting www.hertsdirect.org/roadworks
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory