Two injured in two-car crash on B1037 near Walkern
- Credit: Archant
Two cars were involved in a crash near Walkern this morning, with the road closed afterwards.
Police were called to the B1037 Stevenage Road at 9.50am after the collision involving a red Hyundai i10 and a black Kia Sorento, which are both being recovered.
Officers are still in attendance. Paramedics were also called.
A police spokeswoman said that injuries were unconfirmed at this stage but were not believed to be serious.
Retired ambulance officer Gary Sanderson, who stopped to help at the scene, told the Comet the crews had treated a man for a minor knee injury and a young woman for minor arm injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The crash followed another between Walkern and Stevenage this morning, also involving two cars – a silver car and a maroon one.
Police tweeted out a photo from the scene at 8.30am, showing the silver car on the side of the road with its front end seriously damaged.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust