Road closed after Stevenage car collision
A ROAD was closed after a collision on a busy Stevenage road this morning (Thursday).
Paramedics from Letchworth GC and Stevenage, police and the fire service all attended the incident near St George’s Way, after being alerted just after 11am.
Six Hills on the Rockingham Way junction was closed, and reopened about 12.30.
Two cars were involved in the incident, with one colliding with a road sign.
One man was taken to hospital as a result.
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the incident, said: “We believe the man was taken suddenly ill whilst driving. Paramedics treated, stabilised and immobilised the man at the scene before he was taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage for further care.”
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 7 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602