Police want to speak to anyone who saw horror crash on A505 in which driver was thrown from convertible BMW
Police are now appealing for information after yesterday’s horror crash which saw a man hospitalised with serious injuries after being thrown from his convertible BMW when it hit a central reservation and overturned.
A police spokesman confirmed this morning that the black BMW 330, which was travelling eastbound towards Royston on the A505 between the tunnel and Clothall Road, collided with the central reservation at about 2.30pm, overturned and landed on the tarmac.
The driver – who is in his 30s and understood to be from Letchworth – suffered serious injuries to his head and leg. His passenger, who is understood to be a friend, was also injured but miraculously walked away from the crash.
Firefighters from Baldock & Letchworth, Stevenage and Royston stations attended, with the ambulance service sending paramedics and an East Anglian Air Ambulance.
The carriageway was closed until 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Officers today want to get in touch with anyone who witnessed what happened and who have not yet spoken to police, or anyone who saw the BMW prior to the collision. You should contact Herts police on 101.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation