Police launch witness appeal after Letchworth crash leaves men in critical condition
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a serious road traffic collision are appealing for witnesses.
The collision between two cars occurred on Norton Way between Letchworth GC and Stotfold.
Shortly before 8am, a silver Ford Focus travelling north westerly on Norton Road for reasons unknown lost control while negotiating a right-hand bend. It is believed to have struck the nearside kerb before colliding with an oncoming black Volvo XC60.
The two men travelling in the Focus, aged 30 and 51, suffered serious injuries and were airlifted to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge.
They are currently described as being in a critical condition.
A 68-year-old man travelling in the Volvo suffered minor injuries.
PC Rupert Gadd, from the Joint Road Policing Unit and who is investigating the incident, said: “I would like to speak to anyone who saw this incident or anyone who believes they saw the vehicles involved shortly before the collision occurred.”
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
Anyone with information who has not yet spoken to police should contact me via the non-emergency number 101.