Police hunt ‘hit-and-run driver’ after Hitchin crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are looking for an alleged hit-and-run motorist said to have struck a pedestrian in Hitchin this morning before driving away.
The crash happened shortly before 7.20am at the corner of Benslow Lane and Highbury Road.
Officers and paramedics attended the scene afterwards, and treated the female pedestrian at the scene.
A force spokesman said police were working to identify the vehicle and its driver.
The ambulance service has confirmed that a woman described as in her 20s was treated for injuries that are not thought to be life-threatening, and was taken to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital for further care.
You may also want to watch:
Police earlier told us the crash involved two vehicles, but have now confirmed that it actually involved one car and a pedestrian.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602