Police confirm non-suspicious death on railway line near Woolmer Green between Stevenage and Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police have confirmed that a person has died on the railway line near Woolmer Green, between Stevenage and Welwyn.
British Transport Police are not treating the incident as suspicious, and are working to identify the person and inform their family.
The incident has led to severe rail disruption between Stevenage and London King’s Cross, with operator Great Northern estimating cancellations and delays of up to an hour to continue until about 2pm.
Great Northern said some services will be diverted via Hertford North.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “We were called to the line at 7.31am following reports of a body on the line.
You may also want to watch:
“We attended alongside Hertfordshire Constabulary and the East of England Ambulance Service and a person was pronounced dead at the scene.
“We are not treating this incident as suspicious and a file will be prepared by the coroner.”
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin