Graveley High Street closed after cyclist falls from bike after being taken ill
- Credit: Archant
A village high street was closed this morning following reports that a cyclist fell from his bike after being taken ill.
Police were called at 6.20am to Graveley High Street where a cyclist - a man in his 60s - had suffered a medical episode.
Paramedics also attended the scene and the man was taken to Stevenage's Lister Hospital.
His family have been informed.
Police officers had closed the High Street in both directions between Graveley Lane and Church Lane while the incident was ongoing, causing queues of traffic during rush hour.
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened at 9.50am.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to call Herts police via the non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively, you can report information you may have online at herts.police.uk/report quoting ISR87 of 30/07.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?