Graveley High Street closed after cyclist falls from bike after being taken ill
- Credit: Archant
A village high street was closed this morning following reports that a cyclist fell from his bike after being taken ill.
Police were called at 6.20am to Graveley High Street where a cyclist - a man in his 60s - had suffered a medical episode.
Paramedics also attended the scene and the man was taken to Stevenage's Lister Hospital.
His family have been informed.
Police officers had closed the High Street in both directions between Graveley Lane and Church Lane while the incident was ongoing, causing queues of traffic during rush hour.
The road was reopened at 9.50am.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to call Herts police via the non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively, you can report information you may have online at herts.police.uk/report quoting ISR87 of 30/07.
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 6 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager