Police car crashes in Stevenage
A POLICE car responding to an emergency call careered off a road and into railings last night (Wednesday).
The incident happened at about 10.20pm at the junction of Six Hills Way and Colestrete in Stevenage.
Fire crews and paramedics attended the scene and the two officers inside the vehicle were taken to Lister Hospital with minor injuries.
No other vehicle was involved and no one else was injured.
A section of Six Hills Way was closed whilst a collision investigation team were on the scene, and diversions were put in place.
You may also want to watch:
Herts Police is appealing for witnesses to the incident to help piece together how the crash occurred. Call the non-emergency number 0845 3300 222 with information.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602