Police car crashes in Stevenage
A POLICE car responding to an emergency call careered off a road and into railings last night (Wednesday).
The incident happened at about 10.20pm at the junction of Six Hills Way and Colestrete in Stevenage.
Fire crews and paramedics attended the scene and the two officers inside the vehicle were taken to Lister Hospital with minor injuries.
No other vehicle was involved and no one else was injured.
A section of Six Hills Way was closed whilst a collision investigation team were on the scene, and diversions were put in place.
Herts Police is appealing for witnesses to the incident to help piece together how the crash occurred. Call the non-emergency number 0845 3300 222 with information.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening