Police appeal after man found lying in road
POLICE have launched an investigation and are appealing for witnesses after a man was found lying in a road at Coreys Mill, Stevenage this morning.
A motorist spotted the man near the roundabout at the junction with Lister Hospital at 7.45am and called police.
Police closed the A602 Hitchin Road for a short time causing severe congestion during the rush hour. A man in his 60s was taken to Lister Hospital but at this stage it is not known whether he was involved in an accident or was suddenly taken ill.
Insp Andy Piper said: “At this stage it is unclear as to what exactly has happened to the man. We are investigating whether he has been taken ill or if there is any possibility of a road traffic collision having occurred.
“Hitchin Road is extremely busy at that time of day and I would like to speak to anyone who has any information which would assist our investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call Hertfordshire Constabulary on 0845 3300 222.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 10 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers