‘Please let them be OK’ – Royston campaigner’s words after crash near Baldock and Ashwell closes A505 overnight
- Credit: Archant
The A505 was closed near Baldock last night after a crash involving a car and a motorcycle.
Police and fire crews rushed to the scene, between Baldock and Ashwell, at about 10.45pm. Traffic built up as the road was closed at both slip roads from Baldock.
A fire service spokesman said a crew from Baldock & Letchworth fire station assisted by providing light, adding: “Fortunately there were no serious injuries.”
Among those who commented on social media was Royston A505 safety campaigner Lynsey Langdon, whose husband Greig was seriously injured in a crash on the road two months ago.
Lynsey, who has previously described the stretch of road as ‘ridiculously dangerous’, said: “I’m thinking of the families and what they are going through right now.
“It brings it all back. I feel sick. Please let them be OK.”
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change