‘Please let them be OK’ – Royston campaigner’s words after crash near Baldock and Ashwell closes A505 overnight
- Credit: Archant
The A505 was closed near Baldock last night after a crash involving a car and a motorcycle.
Police and fire crews rushed to the scene, between Baldock and Ashwell, at about 10.45pm. Traffic built up as the road was closed at both slip roads from Baldock.
A fire service spokesman said a crew from Baldock & Letchworth fire station assisted by providing light, adding: “Fortunately there were no serious injuries.”
Among those who commented on social media was Royston A505 safety campaigner Lynsey Langdon, whose husband Greig was seriously injured in a crash on the road two months ago.
Lynsey, who has previously described the stretch of road as ‘ridiculously dangerous’, said: “I’m thinking of the families and what they are going through right now.
You may also want to watch:
“It brings it all back. I feel sick. Please let them be OK.”
- 1 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 5 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
- 8 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 9 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 10 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre