Planning a late-night Luton Airport pick up this week? Plan ahead...
- Credit: Archant
Overnight closures to A505 between Hitchin and Luton
If you’re planning a late-night airport run to Luton this week, plan ahead - the A505 from Hitchin will be closed from 10pm for resurfacing works, starting tonight.
The five nights of work will concentrate on a stretch of the trunk road just outside Luton at the Butterfield business park roundabout.
If you’re heading out of Luton, the road will be shut from its junction with Cannon Lane, near the swimming pool complex, as far as Lilley Bottom.
But from Hitchin the road will be shut from the Pirton Road junction and traffic will be diverted towards Barton and via the A6, A507 and A600.
You may also want to watch:
The closures will be in place from 10pm each evening to 5am the following day.
If all goes to plan, the work should be finished by 5am on Saturday.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
Luton Borough Council’s Councillor Dave Taylor said: “Resurfacing is essential to ensure that Luton’s roads are kept in good condition for drivers. We always do everything we can to ensure that we keep disruption to an absolute minimum while they are being carried out but do apologise for any inconvenience caused.”