Person hit by train between Hitchin and St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A person has sadly been hit by a train between Hitchin and St Neots.
Some of the lines between Hitchin and Sandy have after the incident, which was reported at around 2pm this afternoon (September 3).
This comes after another person was struck by a train between Welwyn Garden City and Alexandra Palace this morning.
Services to routes passing through Hitchin up to St Neots are set to resume by 8pm today, with travellers advised to delay travel if possible. Delays of up to 90 minutes are to be expected.
The disruption will still affect Thameslink and Great Northern services on routes through Finsbury Park, as well as long-distance trains to and from London Kings Cross.
A limited number of rail replacement services are now available.
If you've been affected by what has happened on the network today, there is always someone to talk to. You can contact the Samaritans on 116 123 from any phone for a confidential chat.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site