Person hit by train between Hitchin and St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A person has sadly been hit by a train between Hitchin and St Neots.
Some of the lines between Hitchin and Sandy have after the incident, which was reported at around 2pm this afternoon (September 3).
This comes after another person was struck by a train between Welwyn Garden City and Alexandra Palace this morning.
Services to routes passing through Hitchin up to St Neots are set to resume by 8pm today, with travellers advised to delay travel if possible. Delays of up to 90 minutes are to be expected.
The disruption will still affect Thameslink and Great Northern services on routes through Finsbury Park, as well as long-distance trains to and from London Kings Cross.
A limited number of rail replacement services are now available.
If you've been affected by what has happened on the network today, there is always someone to talk to. You can contact the Samaritans on 116 123 from any phone for a confidential chat.
- 1 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 2 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 3 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 4 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 9 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'