Pensioner cyclist seriously injured in smash
A woman in her 80s was seriously injured in a collision while trying to cross the road with her bicycle.
The pensioner was attempting to cross London Road towards the Lessiter’s chocolate factory in Woolmer Green when she was involved in a collision with a blue Toyota Camry yesterday afternoon (Monday).
Paramedics were called to the scene just after 4.20pm and treated the woman with what a spokesman said were serious injuries to her leg. She was taken to Lister Hospital where she remains in a stable condition.
An onlooker said the woman was able to talk after the accident but her leg “was nearly hanging off”.
A Stevenage woman driving the Toyota was unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
Police shut London Road from the junction with Gun Road until 7pm causing traffic to back up during rush hour in the area.
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 6 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 9 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 10 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful