Pedestrian suffers serious head injuries following crash in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has been taken to hospital with serious head injuries after colliding with a car this morning (Wednesday).
The ambulance service and Herts police officers were called to just outside The Millstream pub in Cambridge Road, Hitchin, at around 7.40am.
A man in his 30s suffered serious head injuries and was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage for further care.
The road has been closed in both directions between Walsworth Road and St Michaels Road.
The ambulance service also sent a critical care team and a response car to the scene.
Update: The road has now reopened and the patient is believed to have been transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 8 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown