Pedestrian suffers serious head injuries following crash in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has been taken to hospital with serious head injuries after colliding with a car this morning (Wednesday).
The ambulance service and Herts police officers were called to just outside The Millstream pub in Cambridge Road, Hitchin, at around 7.40am.
A man in his 30s suffered serious head injuries and was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage for further care.
The road has been closed in both directions between Walsworth Road and St Michaels Road.
The ambulance service also sent a critical care team and a response car to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Update: The road has now reopened and the patient is believed to have been transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
- 1 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory