Pedestrian seriously injured after A505 crash near Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian was seriously injured after a crash near Letchworth yesterday evening.
Ambulance crews were called at 4.30pm to reports of a collision on the A505 close to the northbound slip for the A1(M) at Junction 9.
The road was shut on approach to the Letchworth Gate roundabout from the A505 – with motorists not being allowed past the roundabout for Baldock.
Herts police attended after a white Vauxhall Mokka collided with the pedestrian.
Two ambulance officers, a rapid response vehicle, two hazardous area response vehicles, an ambulance crew and an air ambulance from East Anglian Air Ambulance were dispatched to help.
You may also want to watch:
At the scene, they assessed and treated a man, believed to be in his 50s, for serious injuries to his head, chest and legs.
The patient was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for further treatment in a serious condition. He remains there at this time.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?