Pedestrian seriously injured after A505 crash near Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian was seriously injured after a crash near Letchworth yesterday evening.
Ambulance crews were called at 4.30pm to reports of a collision on the A505 close to the northbound slip for the A1(M) at Junction 9.
The road was shut on approach to the Letchworth Gate roundabout from the A505 – with motorists not being allowed past the roundabout for Baldock.
Herts police attended after a white Vauxhall Mokka collided with the pedestrian.
Two ambulance officers, a rapid response vehicle, two hazardous area response vehicles, an ambulance crew and an air ambulance from East Anglian Air Ambulance were dispatched to help.
At the scene, they assessed and treated a man, believed to be in his 50s, for serious injuries to his head, chest and legs.
The patient was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for further treatment in a serious condition. He remains there at this time.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 3 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 4 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 8 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 9 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
- 10 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review