Hitchin man, 79, dies following collision
- Credit: Archant
An elderly man who was involved in a collision with a car in Hitchin last week has died.
Police have now confirmed to the Comet that a 79-year-old man from Hitchin sadly passed away in hospital yesterday following the crash in Nightingale Road.
The incident, which happened at about 4.20pm on Wednesday, saw a white Citroën C3 and the pedestrian collide in Nightingale Road near to the Molly Malones pub.
Officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit released an appeal for witnesses following the crash.
Sgt Sam Cordingley said: “We are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident and I would ask anyone who witnessed the collision, or the events prior to it, to contact us.
You may also want to watch:
“Additionally, if anyone was driving in the area around the time of the collision and has a dash cam I would ask them to come forward and speak with us.”
Anyone who witnessed the collision – or has any other information in connection with the incident – should call police on 101, quoting reference ISR 501 of November 28.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans
• The Comet is aware of the man’s identity, but is seeking to make contact with his family.