Pedestrian, 81, dies after Hitchin A505 crash tragedy
- Credit: Archant
An 81-year-old man has tragically died after he was involved in a collision with a car while he crossed a road in Hitchin.
The crash near the corner of the A505 Nightingale Road and Florence Road happened shortly after 9.30am on Saturday, February 17, and involved a blue Peugeot.
The 81-year-old man was seriously injured. Police have today confirmed the sad news that he has died.
The Peugeot driver was uninjured.
Road policing unit Sgt Richard Cruse said: “Investigations to establish the circumstances around the incident are on-going.
“Did you see the collision or the events leading up to it? Please get in touch if you have any information that could help.”
Anyone with information should call the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit on 101, quoting ISR 179 of February 17.
You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/report.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company