Pedestrian, 81, dies after Hitchin A505 crash tragedy
- Credit: Archant
An 81-year-old man has tragically died after he was involved in a collision with a car while he crossed a road in Hitchin.
The crash near the corner of the A505 Nightingale Road and Florence Road happened shortly after 9.30am on Saturday, February 17, and involved a blue Peugeot.
The 81-year-old man was seriously injured. Police have today confirmed the sad news that he has died.
The Peugeot driver was uninjured.
Road policing unit Sgt Richard Cruse said: “Investigations to establish the circumstances around the incident are on-going.
You may also want to watch:
“Did you see the collision or the events leading up to it? Please get in touch if you have any information that could help.”
Anyone with information should call the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit on 101, quoting ISR 179 of February 17.
You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/report.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 3 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 8 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 9 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 10 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable