Patient taken to hospital after A1(M) crash involving car and motorbike between Stevenage and Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
A car and a motorbike were involved in a crash near Junction 7 for Stevenage of the A1(M) this morning, which caused delays of more than an hour in the area.
Police and the ambulance service were called at about 5.45am to the A1(M) southbound between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Welwyn’s Junction 6 to reports of a collision between a blue VW Golf and a red Honda motorcycle.
An ambulance attended to treat one patient for minor injuries, they were taken to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital for further treatment.
One lane was closed while the motorbike was recovered, and AA traffic news reported on their website that an earlier recovery vehicle sent to the scene had a flat tyre which had to be resolved.
There was also roadworks near Junction, 7 which exacerbated congestion.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is now flowing normally in the area.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 10 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women