Patient taken to hospital after A1(M) crash involving car and motorbike between Stevenage and Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
A car and a motorbike were involved in a crash near Junction 7 for Stevenage of the A1(M) this morning, which caused delays of more than an hour in the area.
Police and the ambulance service were called at about 5.45am to the A1(M) southbound between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Welwyn’s Junction 6 to reports of a collision between a blue VW Golf and a red Honda motorcycle.
An ambulance attended to treat one patient for minor injuries, they were taken to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital for further treatment.
One lane was closed while the motorbike was recovered, and AA traffic news reported on their website that an earlier recovery vehicle sent to the scene had a flat tyre which had to be resolved.
There was also roadworks near Junction, 7 which exacerbated congestion.
Traffic is now flowing normally in the area.
- 1 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week