Parents pay tribute to son
A Hitchin couple have paid tribute to their two-year-old son who tragically died after falling into a swimming pool.
Oliver Else died in Addenbrooke’s Hospital three days after falling into the private pool at an address in Watford Road, Northwood, on Sunday, July 11.
His parents Jason and Lorna who live in Tilehouse Street said in a statement this week: “We are devastated by what has happened and are still coming to terms with our loss.
“He was a beautiful and vibrant little boy who will be greatly missed by everyone who knew him.
“He was a very happy boy who was always smiling. Despite his age, he was a determined and amusing little character who brought joy to everyone who met him.
“He particularly loved The Gruffalo and riding his scooter. He was always racing around with his big brother in the hallway and out in the garden.
“He was just a gorgeous little boy with a beautiful smile. Our lives will never be the same without him.”
- 1 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 2 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 5 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 6 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 7 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 8 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 9 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 10 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
Oliver, who was born at The Lister Hospital, attended Highbury Lodge Nursery and Goslings Pre-school Playgroup. He leaves behind two brothers, Tomas, five, and Samuel 15 months.
His parents have now set up a fund in his memory for Addenbrooke’s Hospital paediatric intensive care unit, where Oliver spent his last days. You can donate to Oliver’s Fund online at www.justgiving.com/Oliver-Else
The police say they are not treating the death as suspicious and the matter has been passed on to the coroner.