Overturned tractor caused tailbacks in Hitchin
A VEHICLE carrying hay bales caused a disruption at the weekend when its trailer overturned on a busy road.
The agricultural tractor was travelling along the A602 Stevenage Road from Hitchin to Stevenage when its trailer overturned near the entrance to Kingshott School.
The incident, which happened at 1.15pm on Sunday, caused damage to a post, a fence and an area of the pavement.
Police attended the incident, which was dealt with in about an hour.
A spokesman said: “The overturned trailer had come to a stop on a grass verge and traffic was still able to pass.
You may also want to watch:
“The trailer was righted at around 2pm and shortly afterwards we left the scene.”
No-one was injured in the incident.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Phil Button, who witnessed the collision, said: “The footpath was completely blocked by the incident, and luckily no one was walking along it at the time. If this had not been the case, the consequences would possibly have been very serious for them.”