One treated for smoke inhalation after bedroom fire at Stevenage property

A fire in Letchworth last night is believed to have been started deliberately.

A fire in Letchworth last night is believed to have been started deliberately. - Credit: Archant

Stevenage fire crews attended a blaze at a property in Cannix Close in the town yesterday evening.

Shortly after 8pm firefighters were called to find the first floor of the building filled with smoke.

They used hoses to put out a small fire and then used fans to clear the smoke from the building.

One female casualty was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

She was later taken to hospital by ambulance for further treatment, but her injuries are not thought to be life threatening.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter