One person taken to hospital after two crashes in 20 minutes on A1 near Biggleswade
- Credit: Archant
Ambulance crews attended two crashes on the A1 between Sandy and Biggleswade within 20 minutes yesterday, with one person taken to hospital.
The two crashes were on the southbound carriageway near Lower Caldecote, on the way into Biggleswade.
The first, at 10.47am, was attended by a rapid response vehicle and ambulance crew.
One person was taken to Bedford Hospital for further treatment.
The second, at 11.05am, saw paramedics assess a woman described by the ambulance service as in her 50s, who did not require transport to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
There was heavy traffic for a time, with one lane closed, but the road was clear again by 1pm.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 9 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?