Pedestrian seriously injured after crash near Lister Hospital in Stevenage
- Credit: PA
A man in his 40s has been hospitalised with serious injuries after being struck by a car near Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
Police were called to North Road just before 5am this morning (May 11) following a collision between a Suzuki car and a pedestrian.
The road was closed for a number of hours but has since reopened.
A spokesperson for Hertfordshire Police said: “Police were called at 4.40am today to reports of a road traffic collision on North Road, Stevenage.
“A black Suzuki car and a pedestrian were involved.
“Officers and the East of England Ambulance Service attended.
“The pedestrian, a man aged in his 40s, was taken to hospital in a serious condition.
- 1 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 2 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 3 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 4 Molly-Mae Hague announces pregnancy in adorable Instagram video
- 5 Stevenage Railway Station: Normal train service resumes after major repairs
- 6 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 7 Baby Asian elephant calf named 'Queen' at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 Standalone 10k keeps getting better and better says race boss
- 9 100 Herts police officers to carry nasal spray to prevent drug deaths
- 10 Visually impaired Letchworth man to run the London Marathon
“The driver remained at the scene to assist officers.
“The road remains closed at this time while investigations are carried out.
“Any witnesses to the incident are asked to call 101 quoting ISR 63 of May 11.”
For the most up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Hertfordshire traffic map.
Join our Hertfordshire Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Hertfordshire.
Do you have a live or breaking news story from across Hertfordshire? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org