North East Beds MP to voice concerns over Great Northern rail services
- Credit: Archant
North East Bedforshire MP Alistair Burt will today meet the Transport Secretary Chris Grayling to discuss the chaos on the railways.
Mr Burt will also meet Great Northern’s passenger service manager tomorrow to express commuters’ frustrations at the service being provided.
Despite repeated calls for Great Northern operator Govia Thameslink to take action to resolve the chronic problems on the trains since the introduction of a new timetable, cancellations, delays and overcrowding problems persist.
Mr Burt has now demanded the service answer serious questions. He said: This situation is far from acceptable, and seemingly getting worse by the day.
“The train companies involved have serious questions to answer, but first, they urgently need to provide accurate information to allow my constituents to plan their journeys and make alternative arrangements if necessary.
You may also want to watch:
“I visited Biggleswade and Sandy stations at the end of last week, and I am very grateful to the staff and passengers for their continued patience during this debacle.
“Urgent action is required and accurate information must be provided in the meantime.”
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 5 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 7 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 8 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 9 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
- 10 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs