Great Northern: Replacement buses between Royston and Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
There is currently major disruption on the Great Northern line between Royston and Cambridge.
The cause is extensive wire damage between the two stops, and means that no trains are serving Meldreth, Shepreth and Foxton as well as Royston and Cambridge.
Great Northern tweeted: “Services to and from Cambridge are currently subject to major disruption due to overhead wire problems.
“Replacement buses are in operation between Cambridge and Royston.”
National Rail tweeted: “Services between Royston and Cambridge in both directions have been suspended. As a consequence, Great Northern and Thameslink services are currently unable to serve the stations in both directions.”
You may also want to watch:
The disruption is expected until 3pm today.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema