Multi-car crash blocks A1(M)
A multi-vehicle road traffic collision near Stevenage brought traffic to a standstill earlier this morning (Thursday).
The East of England Ambulance Service were alerted to the A1(M) motorway between junctions 7-6 on the southbound carriageway at 6.52am.
Three ambulances from Letchworth and one from Stevenage attended the scene.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “We believe six vehicles had collided and a man and a woman were slightly injured. Paramedics treated them at the scene before they were taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.”
“We have a spate of road collisions throughout Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire this morning and thankfully all minor. We are asking the public to take care whilst driving during the wet conditions.”
You may also want to watch:
All the cars have now been moved off the road and the carriageway has been re-opened.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory